Clean Glasses Last Longer
- There is NO such thing as SCRATCH PROOF lenses. Therefore, to protect your eyewear investment, proper cleaning methods are in order, and not just to stop scratches, but also to prevent disease (bacteria buildup), and irritation around the eyes, nose, and ears. Folks that seldom clean their eyewear allow the accumulation of dirt and filth to impair vision and make the overall wearing experience miserable.
- Simply wiping your eyewear with your shirt will not properly cleanse them. Instead, the proper way to cleanse is to rinse the eyewear in lukewarm water, then take dishwashing liquid (Dawn, Joy, etc.) and pour a small one-inch strip in the crease of your index and middle fingers and work up into a lather. Massage this soapy solution onto the frame, lenses, nose pads, etc. Then, rinse a second time, including the hands.
Shake the frame once or twice and then gently blot/pat dry with a soft bath towel. It’s worth doing once or so a day and works so much better than rubbing them on your shirt. Do this, and your scratching problem will become a thing of the past.
Tips to Care for Your Eyeglasses
- Rinse – Always rinse your glasses off with water before wiping or cleaning them. Even tiny particles of dust or dirt can settle on your lens, and if you wipe those around on a dry lens, it can be abrasive.
- Spray Carefully – If you’re going to use a chemical, use sprays or cleansers specifically made to clean eyeglass lenses. Never use household cleaners like Windex because these chemicals contain ammonia, which will tear off any coating on the lens.
- Air Dry – If you can, allow your glasses to air dry. Air drying is another great way to keep any materials from getting on to your lens. If you can’t set them down to air dry, wipe them down with a soft, clean, lint-free cloth.
- Use the Right Cloth – Never use paper towels, tissue, or napkins to dry your lenses. All of these materials, regardless of how soft they are on your skin, have a textured surface, and can easily scratch your lenses.
- Grip Firmly – Hold your frames by gripping the piece that crosses the bridge of the nose.
- Store Properly – Store your glasses when you’re not wearing them.Place Carefully – Don’t lay your glasses lens down. If you do, you’re asking for scratched lenses.
- Wash Often – Washing your glasses at least once a day will keep your lenses in their optimal state.
Do You Need Eyeglasses In Tulsa?
If you’ve got questions about any lenses or want to try them out, visit us.
We’ll be happy to help you find the right pair of eyeglasses in Tulsa that fit your look and personality in the best possible way.
Whether you need regular eyeglasses, just the right pair of readers, or even prescription sunglasses, Precision Optical OK can help.
We’ve been helping families, and our fellow Oklahomans find the right eyeglasses here in the Tulsa area for many years.
We’d love to help you too.